It smelled so good there.
and new life.
5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Not really… Paul calls me “mames”… I refer to him as Tall-Paul.
6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
This is hard because I don't know that I can pinpoint 3 things...
1. I love the way he smells.
2. I love his cute little butt.
3. I love how sometimes he just makes me laugh.
7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?
It was December 2nd and I was home at my parent’s for the weekend. (I was living and teaching in Rushford at the time). We went out for supper with my parents. When we got back to their house, we watched a movie. He had brought along my Christmas present, which wasn’t really that weird since Paul CANNOT keep a secret or keep a gift a secret. After my parents went to bed, he asked if I wanted to open my present. So I went in the kitchen and opened it while he stayed in the living room. It was a teacher tree ornament that lights up. The box said, “It sparkles”, which I read to Paul with a laugh. He responded, “it doesn’t sparkle as much as this!”. I went around the corner back into the living room to ask him what he meant and there he was, on one knee, holding the ring. I asked him what he was doing, and he responded, “asking you to marry me?”.
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Uh… none of the above. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve gotten flowers, and jewelry… but I’ve also gotten baby chicks for a gift!
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Depends. Sometimes I like going out, sometimes I would rather veg on the couch.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Not sure about this either… I LOVE to travel – Paul, not so much. I think I could probably talk him into a beach vacation though.
We would like more kids. Some day....
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Not a thing. We’re buying a house, which I think is gift enough! We might go out to supper though… we’ll see.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope – see #11!
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Keep God in the middle of your marriage. Be honest with each other. Respect each other. Don’t be afraid to be silly. Don’t go to bed in someone else’s bed!